How to use ChatGPT? Step-by-Step Guide to Start OpenAI’s ChatGPT
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is an AI language model that generates text using input provided by the user. Artificial intelligence-based language model can respond to queries. OpenAI’s popular endeavor has kick-started an artificial intelligence (AI) revolution. The AI chatbot has been dominating headlines and became the fastest-growing application of all time. ChatGPT users are putting up creative ideas for the prompt for creating content, improving writing skills finding bugs in code, summarizing a research article /book, writing social media posts essays, emails and many more.
How to use ChatGPT?
1. Create an OpenAI account
Visit open AI official website
Do register using your email account. You are required to make an account on OpenAI website for logging in. Do Sign up and follow the prompts to enter your information. OpenAI requires valid phone number for account creation.
2. ChatGPT AI tool’s window details
After logging in OpenAI account, it’s important to get to know the ChatGPT AI tool’s window details . Below are details what you will see
- Account: Clicking on your e-mail address or name on the bottom left of your screen will give details to your account information, including settings, the option to log out, help and FAQ from OpenAI.
- New chat button: Left-hand side of your screen shows a button for a new chat that you can click for starting a new conversation at any time. ChatGPT history is also there on the left side.
- Prompts: The questions or prompts you give the AI chatbot appear here.
- Copy, Thumbs up, Thumbs down: Each time ChatGPT replies, you can copy the text to your clipboard to paste elsewhere and also provide feedback on whether the response was accurate or not, this process helps fine-tune the AI tool
- Text area: Here you enter your prompts and questions, just hit enter to send them.
- Regenerate response: You can click on Regenerate response to prompt ChatGPT to try again with the latest answer
3. Start writing your prompts and questions
Now start asking questions you may have and see what kind of answers you can get. Do type in your ChatGPT prompts and do press enter to submit your queries. AI chatbot generates text to give helpful answers to prompts.
ChatGPT prompt examples
ChatGPT works as a tool with an infinite amount of projects, from software development to writing and translations and many more. ChatGPT can generate responses to prompts.
Below are a few examples of ChatGPT prompts
- What are trending research topics in molecular virology?
- Analyze and proofread the essay.
- Write a poem about Daddodils.
- What is the difference between Quantitative and Qualitative Research?
- Summarize provided research article.
Is ChatGPT free?
ChatGPT is free to use now. Register for a free OpenAI account, Another option to upgrade to a paid membership version is also there.
How do I register for ChatGPT?
For ChatGPT registration you can sign up for a free OpenAI account by using email address.
What is ChatGPT Plus?
ChatGPT Plus is paid subscription which gives members access to the GPT-4 model, a faster and larger language model from OpenAI.
Can ChatGPT refuse to answer prompts?
Yes ChatGPT can reject inappropriate requests.
Does ChatGPT give wrong answers?
Yes ChatGPT can give wrong answers and incorrect information. Always cross-check and do verify.
See Related articles If it interests you