Top 5 Countries that Offer Job Seeker Visa
As pandemic had a noteworthy impact on the countries’ workforce and economy. Therefore governments of different countries have launched Job Seeker visa. Job seeker visa allows visa holders to travel to a foreign country, look for jobs and carry out work activities for a specific period of time. Once person finds a job, they need to obtain a Work Permit to stay in the country. Different countries have different rules in place for this type of visa. However, general rules include education, qualification, proof of financial capacity to sustain yourself and valid passport.
In this article, we do explore countries that are a good options to consider for a job seeker visa.
Germany Job Seeker visa is a German national long-stay visa that allows qualified professionals to stay in Germany and explore job opportunities. The duration of the Job Seeker visa in Germany is six months. To apply for a German job seeker visa you must be a national of a country outside of European Union. Nationals within EU are allowed to work in Germany without a visa.
Eligibility Requirements for the Job Seeker Visa in Germany
To qualify for job seeker visa in Germany you need to prove the following:
- Qualifications need to be recognized in Germany or are equivalent to a diploma received in the country.
- Minimum of five years of experience in your related profession.
- Enough financial resources to support your stay in Germany
- Proof of completed academic or vocational training
- You should have valid travel or medical insurance.
How to Apply for the Job Seeker Visa in Germany?
The next step is to start your application for job seeker visa at German embassy in your country
Below are steps for the application process
- Collect all the required documents for Job seeker visa.
- Fill application form online.
- Make an appointment..
- Submit Visa application form in person along with required documents at the embassy
- Attend the interview at the embassy
Austria s another country that offers job seeker visa (category D visa) for highly qualified workers if they are eligible, i.e. reach a minimum of 70 points according to specific criteria. The duration of the Austrian job seeker visa is six months.
Eligibility Requirements for the Job Seeker Visa in Austria
The criteria are divided into special qualifications and skills, work experience, language skills, age, and studies in Austria.
How to Apply for the Job Seeker Visa in Austria?
In order to apply for a Job Seeker visa in Austria, you must visit concerned embassy in the country you reside. The application process, then, is as follows:
- Collect all the required documents.
- Fill out the application form. available at the Austrian representative authority.
- Submit the documents with the application form personally to the competent Austrian representative (embassy or consulate).
- Documents must be submitted as originals and copies. If the documents are not in English, translations into English must be provided.
Sweden has recently introduced Job Seeker visa. Job seeker visa allows highly qualified persons to search for a job while in Sweden. The visa is valid for 3 months,
Eligibility Requirements for the Job Seeker Visa in Sweden
To qualify for a Job Seeker visa, you must fulfill the following conditions:
- Have completed studies corresponding to an advanced level degree.
- Plan to seek employment or explore the possibilities for starting your own business.
- Be able to support yourself during the job seeker visa period timeline.
- Have comprehensive health insurance valid for care in Sweden
- Have a passport valid for the entire period you intend to be in Sweden.
- Located outside of Sweden.
How to Apply for the Job Seeker Visa in Sweden?
To apply for the Job Seeker visa in Sweden, you need to visit the Swedish embassy or consulate in your home country. The application process is as follows:
- Gather all your documents
- Fill out your application form online.
- Submit your application form, along with the documents and the letter of consent to a Swedish embassy or consulate in your home country.
United Arab Emirates (UAE)
The United Arab Emirates offers visit visa to foreigners looking for employment opportunities. You can apply for a job-seeker visa with a validity of either 60, 90 or 120 days.
Eligibility Requirements for the Job Seeker Visa in the UAE
In order for your application to be admissible, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must have Bachelor’s degree (minimum educational level required)
- Ability to support yourself during your time in the country.
- Classified in the first, second, or third skill level per the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation and be latest graduates of the top 500 universities in the world.
- You must have a valid passport.
How to Apply for the Job Seeker Visa in the UAE
To apply for a Job Seeker visa in the UAE, you are required to visit the UAE embassy in your home country. Application process of applying for a Job Seeker visa in the UAE is given below
- Register on the website www.gdrfad.gov.ae (if you don’t already have an account).
- Select the required service.
- Attach/upload all necessary documents.
- Pay the fee.
- Submit the application and wait on a decision.
Portuguese job seeker visa permits foreigners to enter for exploring job opportunities. The visa is single-entry and is valid for a period of 120 days. Portuguese job seeker visa can be renewed for a further 60 days.
Portuguese job seeker visa Eligibility Requirements
Following are requirements
- Valid passport for the duration that you stay in the country.
- Health insurance.
- Ticket that shows the date of departure and return (in case you cannot get a job)
- Funds to support your visit while you are in Portugal.
How to Apply Portuguese job seeker visa?
- Visit the Portuguese embassy in your home country
- Compile application with all necessary documents inclusive of passport, photos Criminal record certificate, Valid travel insurance and Proof of financial resources.
- Submit the document and pay the fee.
Now you can choose country of your interest as per your qualification for Job Seeker Visa. Best wishes for your future.